Do-It-Yourself Emergency Preparedness
In the past, many of the readers of No Such Thing as Doomsday have asked if
we’ve written any other books. The answer was always no. Well now the answer is YES
Do-It-Yourself Emergency Preparedness, How Ordinary People Prepare for Extra-Ordinary Events is coming from the printer soon.
Our previous book, No Such Thing as Doomsday, is the definitive text for the seriously survival-minded who plan to build an underground or basement shelter. Do-It Yourself Emergency Preparedness grew out of a desire to create a book as informative and useful as our previous book yet smaller, more economical and with an appeal to a much wider audience. This book doesn’t spend much time describing potential threats -- what you get are the solutions.
By securing a copy of our new book, you will have already begun your preparedness plans. The investment in preparedness starts with simply your attention. You decide you are going to get ready for a possible, unforeseen emergency. After that, a small investment of your time and resources is all that is needed. Many of the things you need in an emergency you may already have. You just need to gather them up, organize them and keep them accessible. Thinking about these items ahead of time is the key.
|Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to think in the midst of a crisis? The midst of a crisis is the time for action. Before the crisis is the best time for thinking.
Of course you’d like to count on everything continuing on as it always has. But let’s face it. The odds of emergency or disaster visiting your doorstep are pretty high and rising every day.
Do you find yourself:
- Feeling increasingly alarmed when you watch the ongoing disasters on the evening news
- Wondering if the current victims of disaster could have done something ahead of time that would have decreased their loss and suffering
- Feeling uneasy and not able to sleep well at night
- Longing for that peace of mind you know you will have when you are prepared
"The greatest antidote to worry, whether you¹re getting ready for spaceflight or facing a problem of daily life, is preparation, the more you try to envision what might happen and what your best response and options are, the more you are able to allay your fears about the future."
See if this possible scenario sounds familiar.
Your city is visited by windstorms that take out the power for two weeks. You are without electricity which means you are also without:
- Drinkable water (it takes electricity to run the city’s water system or any well pump)
- Food (the grocery store has only 2-3 days worth of food for all the people in the area and cannot remain open without electricity)
- Transportation (your car is out of gas and the pumps at the gas station don’t work)
On top of this you have no idea what’s going on because the TV and radio don’t work. Your kids are cranky (to put it mildly), beyond famished and are asking you why you didn’t plan for this ahead of time.
So maybe you have thought a lot about getting prepared but for various reasons haven’t done it yet.
- Just didn’t know where to start. It was all so new.
- Figured you didn’t have the money to do it right now. (You assumed it would cost a fortune.)
- Became overwhelmed every time you thought about preparing.
- Finally gave up, saying "Well, maybe nothing will happen."
If you’re like most people in the world today, you’re probably feeling scared, confused and wondering where do I start in order to get prepared. The truth is you’re not alone. You’ve got plenty of company of others just like you who know they need to be prepared but who don’t know where to start.
Sometimes taking the first step is the hardest.
The first step is buying the book. The next steps will be just as easy. Even if you do nothing after buying the book, there is a chapter specifically on what to do when an emergency starts which succinctly covers the key points to be considered at this critical time.
Do-It-Yourself Emergency Preparedness is a step-by-step guide to creating your own simple and effective emergency preparedness plan.
You will learn
The first step to get you started within the next 24 hours
The five essential things to survive the most common emergencies
Effective ways to prepare even on a limited budget
How to deal with medical emergencies
How to handle the predictable emotional reactions from disasters
Six options for setting up your own power generation system
How to protect yourself against biological terrorism
|Without experienced advice, doing something for the first time can be like navigating in the dark.
Now picture yourself in this situation:
- You have stored several gallons of water per person in your closet. You also have an easy way of purifying thousands of gallons of water without electricity so you are able to supply drinking water to your best friend’s family next door.
- You have the kind of flashlights that provide good, reliable light under any circumstances as well as other light sources. (No more hunting for batteries in the dark.)
- You are comfortably warm in the house even though the power is out.
- You have plenty of food, the kind packed for long-term storage so you know it’s still good and that it will provide the nutrition your family needs. This power outage is projected to last only two weeks so you are happy to share your 4-month food package with your sister and her family, knowing you can replenish when the electricity comes back on.
- Your wind-up radio keeps you well informed of what’s going on in the city and when you can expect things to improve.
- Your kids are glad to have the time off from school. They think it’s pretty cool that their parents were so well prepared.
Can you imagine the peace of mind you would have knowing you were prepared to handle a situation like this? Not only could you help your own family but possibly others. You would not be a strain on the over-taxed, inadequate government relief that is anything but comfortable.
Those who have a copy of No Such Thing as Doomsday will find some of the same information in our new book. This information has been reorganized, edited and updated. Lots of new information has been added including a chapter titled "Steps to take when an emergency happens" and a chapter on evacuation "What to do if you need to leave your home."
If you’ve read our first book and enjoyed it, you’re going to want to check out our new book. If you haven’t read No Such Thing as Doomsday, you definitely need to get Do-It-Yourself Emergency Preparedness, the sooner the better.
Enough talk. It’s time to order the book and get started with some action.
Risk free ordering!
We are so confident that you will find this book incredibly informative and useful that we will give you a 100% money back, guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the book just return it to us within 30 days explaining why the book did not meet your expectations and we will gladly refund you the total purchase price.
Here is everything you need to prepare yourself and your family to more comfortably survive the emergencies of our times.